Introduction to public law
guide includes answers to the questions:
- What is a public body?
- Where do public authorities get their legal authority from?
- How can public law decisions affect you?
- What are public law wrongs?
- What is maladministration?
- How can public law help you?
- What is judicial review?
- What are complaints proceduresand ombudsman schemes?
- What remedies can public law offer you?
It also covers time limits, costs and issues such as data access and Freedom of Information Act requests.
Richard Clayton QC
PLP has always provided invaluable research on how public policy issues play out on the ground. PLP’s research into
settling judicial review cases played a critical role in the recent Court of Appeal decision in Bahta, which has hugely improved the position of claimant lawyers.