Introduction to public law
guide includes answers to the questions:
- What is a public body?
- Where do public authorities get their legal authority from?
- How can public law decisions affect you?
- What are public law wrongs?
- What is maladministration?
- How can public law help you?
- What is judicial review?
- What are complaints proceduresand ombudsman schemes?
- What remedies can public law offer you?
It also covers time limits, costs and issues such as data access and Freedom of Information Act requests.
Sir Stephen Sedley
It is 30 years since I wrote the first proposal for a national public law resource centre. In that time, the PLP has adapted its shape and its work to meet new needs and accommodate new problems. Its survival and development are a tribute to the dedication of its staff and volunteers, as well as to the bodies that have believed in it and funded it.