Training: Accessing Exceptional Case Funding - webinar
Start date: February 13 2018
End date: February 13 2018
Speaker: Katy Watts, Solicitor, Public Law Project
Join this webinar, with The Law Society, to learn how to help your clients obtain legal aid in out of scope matters, including in family and immigration.
Since the implementation of LASPO in 2013, the PLP has made over 100 applications for exceptional case funding, and obtained funding for legal aid providers, individuals without representation and organisations without a legal aid contract. Growing numbers of people are applying for – and obtaining – ECF, and the grant rate is currently over 50%, rising to 70% in immigration cases. This webinar will help you and your clients to maximise the chances of making a successful application.
The session will cover:
• Identifying cases which are likely to be granted funding
• Changes to the Exceptional Case Funding Guidance, and the criteria for obtaining ECF
• ECF procedures, including the application process, the relevant forms, and the information and documents to provide
• Obtaining funding to cover investigations into ECF
Who should participate:
• Legal aid solicitors in both private practice and the voluntary sector, who want to help their clients obtain funding for out of scope cases, including in family and immigration
This webinar is free to all PDC account holders. You do not have to be a solicitor to create an account.
To register please go to The Law Society website.